Krill oil is a unique food supplement, because in addition to being the best and most effective source of omega-3 fatty acids, it contains astaxanthin. It is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the family of carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein etc.). Astaxanthin found in krill oil is concentrated, natural and pure. Salmon oil or fish oil products contain less astaxanthin than krill oil, and are not a good source of it.
Benefits of astaxanthin in krill oil
Astaxanthin is a great way to nourish and protect a human body, so if you’re just browsing to find out best dog food supplements, think of taking krill oil yourself to improve your life quality. Among the most important benefits of astaxanthin are:
- Astaxanthin boosts immune function and reduces inflammation.
- Astaxanthin improves cardiovascular health
- Astaxanthin protects brain from neurodegenerative diseases.
- Astaxanthin is a really powerful antioxidant, thus it binds free radicals in body cells and leads them out, protecting you and your dog from many types of cancer.
- Astaxanthin nourishes nervous system and speeds up its’ recovery from any injuries.
- Astaxanthin increases endurance, body productivity, fertility and recovery from physical labor. If you’re exercising or running a lot with your dog, astaxanthin will be a great addition to both your and your dog’s diet.
- Astaxanthin protects and supports eyesight, nourishes retina.
Combined with the omega-3 fatty acids that krill oil is so rich in, the benefits of astaxanthin make krill oil a must-have food supplement for everyone willing to live better and longer.
Here’s an impressive and entertaining video on the power of astaxanthin:
Sharing astaxanthin with your dog
Most people who care about their health have already discovered krill oil as the best source of omega-3 fatty acids. The smartest dog owners are getting krill oil and sharing it with their dogs, since krill oil is so rich in all the powerful nutrients. Make sure you protect your and your dog’s body as well and check if you can get krill oil for both of you. After several months of taking krill oil you will see the change in the way you feel everyday.
Check out on krill oil dosage for dogs and see if you can give your dog a capsule or two every 3-4 days.